Monday, January 5, 2015

2014 Favorites !

In today's post I am sharing the products I have loved in 2014 (but not necessarily launched in 2014). 
So let's get to it :)

Makeup

I love the Real Techniques brushes. I got them around two years back. They have held up really well. They are the best quality drugstore brushes in my opinion for the price. I have both eye and face brushes which I love. 

Pretty much since I started enjoying makeup a bit more, I became a lipstick convert, glosses were completely out of my life. Not sure why I decided to try the Australis Colour Lip Inject Mineral Lip Gloss in Burlesque but I love everything about this gloss, the smell, the texture, the price, etc. It is completely non sticky which I love. I definitely want to try other shades in this range. 

 For an everyday pink lipstick I really enjoyed the Maybelline Color Whisper in Mad for Magenta. This is similar to Revlon lip butters, sheer, moisturizing and lip balmy types. It took me so long to try the Bourjouis Rouge Edition Velvet in Ole Flamingo but I am so glad I did. I love the formula and finish. They are super long lasting. FOTD with this HERE.




On the mascara front, I really enjoyed the Loreal False Lash mascara and Benefit They're real mascara. They are separating, lengthening, volumising and keep the curl, what more would you need ? 2014 was definitely a brow wow year for me. Towards the end of the year, I discovered the Loreal Brow Artist Plumper and it is perfect for lazy girls like me. Its a tinted brow gel and gives your brows a put together look in an instant.

I have really enjoyed MAC Blushbaby for blush as it goes with everything and is a perfect everyday blush. 

For eyeshadow, I really enjoyed the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette. It has a good mix of matte and shimmers.

Skincare, Haircare and Fragrance



I am not a big candle lady but sometimes I definitely enjoy a scented candle. I have loved the Circa Home Ginger & Ylang Ylang Candle this past year. It has been the backdrop of a lot of my pictures. It has a lovely smell which is good for all year round. I cannot rave enough about Vaseline Intensive Care Spray moisturiser. It is a blessing for lazy girls like me. It is the perfect moisturizer for summer when you want something light and non greasy. I have loved the Kiehl's Patchouli and Fresh Rose shower gel. It smells heavenly and I am trying really hard not to finish it. 2014 witnessed me trying hair oils.

I really enjoyed using the Protane Naturals Moroccan Argan Oil (not pictured). I love the Body Shop Almond Hand and Nail cream, it is the perfect hand cream in my opinion, smells lovely and absorbs super fast.

I bought the Issey Miyake L'eau D'issey EDP on my sister's recommendation and I absolutely love it. Its definitely an all year round fragrance for me. It is a floral and slightly fresh fragrance. 
 


What are your 2014 favorites ? Leave them in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog ! Hope you enjoyed reading 'The Vanity Bag Diaries'. Leave a comment and let me know you were here :)