Sunday, December 25, 2011

MAC Crosswires Review

As compared to pinks and nudes, peaches/corals are new to my liking, but I am enjoying them esp with the summer here in Australia. I am reviewing MAC Crosswires on the request of my dear friend Samyukta from http://isimplylovemakeup.blogspot.com/
MAC Crosswires is a pretty coral shade from the MAC creamsheen line.

MAC Crosswires (Creamsheen)


I love the color and feel that when applied lightly it instantly brightens up my face. I feel this color can be used both for summers and winters. It works best for me when I apply it with a light hand (one coat) since it becomes a 'look at me lip' when I apply it heavily.

The Good
  • Nicely pigmented : Crosswires is a pretty nicely pigmeneted color, even with a just a dab on the lips it brightens up the face and gives good color to your lips. It gives nice opaque coverage to lips
  • The color works well both for day and night. You can wear this with a smokey eye for the night and and lightly with neutral eyes during the day. It works both as a pretty pop of color or as a bold lip
  • It has a nice creamy texture to it
  • Reasonable staying power

The Bad

  • setlles into lines - yes it does settle into fine lines :(
  • a bit drying

1 comment:

  1. hey Saumya thank u so much for the review and the shade is just wonderfully gorgeous!!!! :)
    btw i have nominated you for the versatile blogger award... check it out on isimplylovemakeup! :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog ! Hope you enjoyed reading 'The Vanity Bag Diaries'. Leave a comment and let me know you were here :)