Wednesday, May 20, 2015

4 Different Types of Makeup Removers !

Makeup removers have always played an important part in my nightly routine. I have never been the one to use a normal cleanser to remove my makeup and prefer using makeup removers So, in today's post I am sharing with you the different types of makeup removers I have tried






Clockwise as shown in the pic -

The 'Foaming' One
The Dove foaming makeup remover comes in a liquid form that comes out as foam and is supposed to be used on dry skin. It is like a cleanser. It is best if you remove your makeup in shower. I bought it as I heard a lot of good things about it but unfortunately it didn't work for me. It stings my eyes and I hate it for that. Also I remove my makeup at my bathroom sink so this isn't a very convenient method for me. For the face, it works pretty okay.  

The 'Dual Phase' One
Duo Phase make up removers, as the name suggests are bi phased and are a combination of water and oil. I use this mainly to remove my eye makeup as it is  effective and quick in getting rid of waterproof makeup. Garnier 2 in 1 Gentle Makeup Remover is my go to and has been for almost 3+ years now. 

The 'Oily' One
Cleansing oils and balms are quite a rage these days and are increasingly become popular to remove makeup. I massage the cleansing oil over my face and eyes and it dissolves all the makeup. I take it off with a hot wash cloth which is very relaxing, esp. in winters. I have tried the Dr. Lewinns 4 fusion cleansing oil which I have been really enjoying. 

The 'Watery' One
Last but not the least, the micellar cleansing water, which is a preferred method by many. These makeup removers literally feel like water and are very light, refreshing on the skin and don't leave any residue. Micellar waters don't really cut it for me when it comes to eye makeup. I like this method for my face makeup and as a cleanser. 

There you have it, the different types of makeup removers I have tried. Which is your favorite makeup remover ?

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on Micellar Waters not really working for eye makeup. I use the same Garnier Micellar Water for my face and use Dermalogica Precleanse to remove my eye makeup. Glad it's not just me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha, high five ! yeah its just not enough for me.

      Delete

Welcome to my blog ! Hope you enjoyed reading 'The Vanity Bag Diaries'. Leave a comment and let me know you were here :)