Monday, September 15, 2014

Tea with a Twist !

I have always been obsessed with tea. I love some home made masala chai (though, the only masala I like to use is ginger).

This post makes me quite nostalgic as I used to easily have 2-3 cutting chais in a day during my college and work life back in India. For those, that don't know cutting chai, it is masala chai served in a glass, but half serving.


I have grown to appreciate different types of tea since shifting to Sydney and in today's post, and I thought it would be fun to share with you my little tea collection. 



Clockwise as numbered in the above pic : 
  
T2 Green Tea stack - I have this green tea trio set from T2. It has Green Rose, Gorgeous Geisha and China Jasmine. I absolutely loved Green Rose and have recently finished it. Its a gorgeous sweet, fruity, highly fragrant, refreshing tea. Gorgeous Geisha is green tea with strawberries drizzled in cream. This is a sweet, berry flavored tea. I love green teas with an edge of sweetness as they take away that slight bitterness from the tea. China Jasmine, is not as exciting as the other two, it is just green tea with jasmine. It is very calming and relaxing.

Dilmah Rose with French Vanilla - This is really sweet and heavily fragrant tea. It is exactly as the name suggests a blend of rose and vanilla. If you like sweet teas, you will like it. It is a bit too sweet for my preference. I prefer having it as Iced tea. 

T2 Wake Up Tea - This is a mix of goji berry, peppermint and green tea. This definitely has the bang to wake you up. Again, I love that it is a sweet green tea as it takes away the bitterness, but it also has the zing of peppermint which is perfect to wake you up. Its a very refreshing tea.

Manjushree Silver White Needle Tea - This was gifted to me by my uncle when I was in India a few months back. Sliver Needle white tea is a high grade white tea. This also has a lot of oxidants like green tea but it subtle in taste as compared to green tea. 

 Hope you enjoyed this post ? Which is your favorite tea ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog ! Hope you enjoyed reading 'The Vanity Bag Diaries'. Leave a comment and let me know you were here :)