Monday, August 5, 2013

Nude Eyeliner - One ghostly mistake !

We, beauty bloggers and makeup lovers usually get swept with all the hyped products and sometimes land up with fab products worth all the hype and sometimes totally the opposite. I am sure most of you can associate with this, don't get me wrong, this post is not about, finger pointing at the product but rather the trend, that definitely did not work for me.

In case you are wondering, I have already reviewed Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner in 'Bright Blue' and I do think it is a good product.


I have always been a lover of rimming my eyes heavily with black kohl and still do every single day. When I started reading posts and watching videos of how a white or nude eyeliners on waterline can make your eyes pop and make them look more awake, I really wanted to try the same. 


Obviously thinking I would look crazy in white, I tried nude. But, OMG, the nude eyeliner makes me look sick, ghostly, washed out and what not :(, its a total fail on me.

It rather makes me look dull and tired. I think one of the reasons, it did not work for me was the color was not right for me.

I am thinking of using this as a brow highlight now. 

Knowing my situation, how would you recommend me using the product.

14 comments:

  1. Oh, that sucks! :(

    Maybe try using it as an eyeshadow base? It's pretty creamy so you shouldn't have any issues. Though maybe you could try melting it down and turning it into a Paint Pot kinda thing, as well?

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup that sounds good, I will give it a go :)

      Delete
  2. Urgh don't you hate it when it works on someone else but not yourself? Try what Angela suggested and use that as an eyeshadow base instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally Norlin, so disappointing :(
      Yup, will give the eyeshadow base thing a try ..

      Delete
  3. Hi Saumya! I think it actually depends on the complexion and may be the eye shape. I have white eyeliner which sometimes looks good and at times horrible. Don't know why! But this can be used on the lids as a base.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya Niesha so disappointing, don't know why I didnt think twice before buying it :( Anyways yes will try as a base. thanks

      Delete
  4. I feel the same actually... my eyes look far nicer and bigger rimmed with black than with nude or white! I've always wanted to try it though, and when I did, I hated it!
    This could be nice used for other things though, as most other people have mentioned! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya its sad you know, when you really want to try something and it does not work for u :(
      but ya anyways going to try a couple of other things ..

      Delete
  5. It happens at times Saumya mostly because of the complexion , I too have a white Rimmel liner that makes me look like a devil. I couldn't even use it for once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya Samar, only wish it would have struck on me earlier, that the color is not right for me. I was too desperate to try :(

      Delete
  6. How about if you thinly line your eyes with black kohl and add this nude colour just on your waterline? It works for me, you can try it and see it it works for you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats a good one Dolly, I will definitely give it a try..thanks

      Delete

Welcome to my blog ! Hope you enjoyed reading 'The Vanity Bag Diaries'. Leave a comment and let me know you were here :)