Thursday, February 14, 2013

Review - Chanel Rouge Coco in Taffetas Rose

I bought 'Chanel Rouge Coco in Taffetas  Rose' from Singapore when I was in the 'obsessing over Chanel' phase .. Well I kind of still am, I find Chanel products so luxe looking n you do feel like treating your self with such beauties time to time.. 

Anyways getting on with 'Chanel Rouge Coco in Taffetas  Rose', its a beautiful magenta shade (with hints of blue n violet) with subtle shimmer (not very obvious on the lips)..

For me, this is one of the wearable bright pink lipsticsks just like my favorite Maybelline 'Hooked on Pink' Color Sensational




The Good
  •  Stunning color which IMO should look good on most skin tones (both warm n cool)
  •  Good statement lip, but at the same time not that in your face bold
  • Will work for both day and night 
  • Good Pigmentation 
  • Lasts for 4-5 hrs (no lipstick lasts long on me)

The Bad

  • It has a rose scent (not very overpowering, but I am not  a fan of rose scents) - may not be a problem for you
  • Not very creamy but not as drying as matte

    Happy Valentines Day to all !!

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Suma unfortunately, I tried a couple of times n somehow could not capture the true color of this as a lip swatch :( and so I just posted this but lemme see, will try again and may be sometime :)

      Delete
  2. This color looks great, I think I'm going to give it a look! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a beautiful color :) yes you should give it a try :)

      Delete
  3. Chanel! Luks great but wont suit me :\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might u never know :) give it a try next time n you may like it ..

      Delete
  4. nice review and pretty shade...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG.. its super pretty pink shade.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Niesha, its a gorgeous shade, but I like the fact that I find it easily wearable and too in your face ..

      Delete
  6. pretty pink ...would have enjoyed it more with a lip swatch though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anamika, yup I will try to do a lip swatch when I am able to capture the color well, hopefully sooner than later ..

      Delete
  7. I love Chanel products. I use Chanel foundation and concealer and have not yet found an equal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the blog Debs :) hoping to see you more often ..
      I have only used Chanel lipsticks and eyeshadow, hoping to try the foundation sometime in future ... Which foundation and concealer do you use ?

      Delete

Welcome to my blog ! Hope you enjoyed reading 'The Vanity Bag Diaries'. Leave a comment and let me know you were here :)